Translate

Σάββατο 20 Δεκεμβρίου 2014

Emily Dickinson

Impregnable we are -
The whole of Immortality
Secreted in a Star



I'm Nobody! Who are you?
Are you - Nobody - too?
Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!
They'd advertise - you know.

How dreary to be Somebody!
How public - like a Frog -
To tell one's name - the livelong June
To an admiring Bog!


                        (οι φωτογραφίες των πόλεων, από το διαδίκτυο - οι άλλες, δικές μου)

                                                        Χριστούγεννα στη Μαδρίτη



I hide myself within my flower -
That wearing on your breast -
You - unsuspecting - wear me too-
And angels know the rest.

I hide myself within my flower -
That fading from your Vase -
You - unsuspecting - feel for me -
Almost - a loneliness -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqrPhvt406E




Few get enough, - enough is one;
  To that ethereal throng
Have not each one of us the right
  To stealthily belong?

                                                         Χριστούγεννα στο Τορίνο



I felt a Cleaving in my Mind -
As if my Brain had split -
I tried to match it - Seam by Seam -
But could not make them fit -

The thought behind, I strove to join
Unto the thought before -
But Sequence ravelled out of Sound -
Like Balls - opon a Floor -





How fleet - how indiscreet an one -
How always wrong is Love -
The joyful little Deity
We are not scourged to serve -


Rowing in Eden -
Ah - the Sea!
Might I but moor - tonight -
In thee!


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου